website stats

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Encore


Writing about that Gene Meyer tie last night was so exciting I decided to wear another one today. The pattern is actually some sort of rubbery iron-on decal, which I've never seen anywhere else. I don't know if this is an actual production tie or a prototype or sample. Whatever the case, it's certainly original! The design reminds me of a TV test pattern; the gray version of this tie looks even moreso, as the stripe colors are black, magenta, blue, and white. I've been favoring geometric ties lately, I'd better find something wild and swirly for tomorrow.

In these modern times, if you have a computer and a color ink-jet printer, you can make an iron-on transfer of anything you want, thanks to special transfer paper from HP, Epson, etc. (Just remember to reverse the image before printing!) You can even print directly on silk or cotton with printer-sized, paper-backed fabrics. (Don't reverse those images!) I am waiting for a "thought engine," so I can think of a tie design and the engine will read my thoughts and produce that very tie. I assume top scientists are working on it.

No comments: