website stats

Monday, July 03, 2006

Gene Davis

I didn't go in to the office today, so I didn't wear a tie; but I do have a picture of a tie from my permanent collection which I wore to a recent special event. The tie is from the Corcoran Gallery of Art, and is adapted from Gene Davis's 1965 painting Black Popcorn. (Lucky for me they still have the tie on the website, otherwise I would have guessed it was based on Bridget Riley's 1982 painting Big Blue.) Gene Davis achieved great recognition for his work, being appointed Commissioner of the Smithsonian's National Museum of American Art in 1984, but died in 1985.

2 comments:

Mackenzie said...

Hi,

I don't know if you remember me (I think I emailed you almost six
months ago), but I'm Mac, a Fashion and Beauty editor for
TopTenSources.com, and I've featured you as a feed on our Men's
Fashion page. Your work is always fun to read, and I've picked up a
lot of great finds from your site!

Anyway, I'm writing you about a new site that I thought you might
like, StyleFeeder.com (http://www.stylefeeder.com). It's a great way
to keep track of fashion (or other random items) that you like, and
because it works like a feed you can share it with other people who'd
also be interested in what you've picked out (ie. your wide
readership, including me).

You just go to the site, sign up for an account, drag the little
bookmarklet up to your browser toolbar and you can start tagging away!
Here's my StyleFeed, as an example:
http://www.stylefeeder.com/stylefeed/mackenzie. Hope you enjoy the
site, and keep up the great work with the blog!

Best,
Mac

Burl Veneer said...

Hi Mac, yes I do remember you, I get lots of hits from your site, thanks for the link! I will definitely check out StyleFeeder, that sounds fun. Thank you for your support!

BV