website stats

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

It takes a new shirt

I've had this Gene Meyer tie for a year and a half, and could never find the right outfit for it. My orange shirt was more of a melon color and didn't really go with the tie; I could have worn it with a black shirt, but that would necessitate wearing black pants too, and I just can't wear that much black. So I finally got a "harvest orange" shirt (with my latest Lands' End order), and it all turned out just right. The ensemble is really more appropriate for Halloween, but I didn't want to wait another five months to wear the tie. It may seem extreme to buy a shirt for a specific tie, but the tie was losing hope, and desperate ties call for desperate measures. ;-P Besides, one can never have too many colors in one's palette of shirts. Believe it or not, I have a queue of several ties for which this shirt is just the ticket.

No comments: