website stats

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Here comes the sun

(And as everyone knows, the next lyrics to that song are "do do do do".) After four days of heavy rainfall, we finally had a sunny day today, which I have celebrated by wearing this unusual "Th" by Deme. I've never seen a tie constructed like this before: two pieces of linen, one green and one blue, sewn together right down the middle, with a linen sun applique machine-embroidered on, and 12:00 and 6:00 Roman numeral clock markings as well. If I lay on the ground in the right orientation and hold my arm up I could be a sundial; that's an exercise for a future date, but it does reinforce my notion that this tie feels more like a garden accessory than a fashion accessory. It would look right at home in the Design Toscano catalog, for instance. As for its actual origin, I have no clue; please leave a comment if you have any information about it. Now according to my tie it's time to put the kids to bed, so good night. (And many thanks to my daughter for taking this photo!)

No comments: