website stats

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Hyperbole

This is tie by Stone Shine; the label proclaims it to be "The Greatest Tie Ever Made." I beg to differ; the construction is rather inexpert, to say the least. The lining is folded over inside the tie, and the tail end is totally wonky. That said, it looks all right from the front, IMO. I have a few other Stone Shine ties (all from the same eBay lot), and I speculate that they were homemade from whatever fabric was at hand. Nothing wrong with that, more power to them! It's certainly better than I could do; I'd try it if I thought I could sew without puncturing every inch of my body. This is the only one with a design I like, and I'm still not crazy about it, but I don't like the shirt much ("permanent" press--yuck!), so it's fitting in that respect. And it still beats a "normal" tie hands down.

No comments: