website stats

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Serica

Today's tie comes from Serica's Elite line, which boast the rather luxurious feature of self-tipping: the fabric on the back of the point of the tie is the same as the fabric on the front. This is luxurious because it uses more premium silk than regular tipping, which is generic and drab. Serica is owned by Gentry, Inc. of Providence, Rhode Island, and that is the totality of Serica information I could find. Serica ties are offered as a component of custom tailor J. David's Gold and Platinum plans, and I suspect they are sold through other high-end outlets as well. The design on this tie is botanical with a psychedelic bent, in muted pastels on black. It reminds me of...well, I can't actually put my finger on it, but it has pleasant associations for me for reasons known only to my subconscious.

No comments: