website stats

Friday, March 10, 2006

Bad pun alert

This tie is suitable for work, for a nice dinner out, or relaxing at a bar; it is indeed an all-porpoise tie. Ba-dum! Don't say I didn't warn you. Ouch! Stop hitting me! (And if you think I only bought this tie so I could make that joke, you'd be pretty much correct.) The tie is by French designer Jean Charles de Castelbajac, who designed Farrah Fawcett's Charlie's Angels outfits way back when (when she was Farrah Fawcett-Majors). I'd never heard of JC de Castelbajac until I got this tie, but he seems to be quite popular in England. His designs stand out more for their audacity than for their aesthetic qualities; I submit this necktie as a case in point.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

New tie blog -
http://vintageties.blogspot.com/

Really enjoying your beastly ties and beastly puns.

Michael