website stats

Friday, February 03, 2006

Moth Marblers

From Moth Marblers of Sausalito, California, comes this double-marbled necktie: one layer of traditional peacock pattern overlaid with...well, some other pattern which seems to be some sparse, long swirls. Marbled ties usually have enough colors in them to complement a" shirt such as this one; I'll remember that for next time, I have a lot more marbled ties stored up. (The marbled ties I've displayed here so far are just the tip of the iceberg!)

Incidentally, I just found the Cynscribe Calligraphy Directory, which includes the most comprehensive collection of marbling links I've seen. It's an old page with a lot of dead links (including the Moth Marblers link), but if you keep clicking you'll find plenty of active marbling sites to dazzle your eyes, and kits if you want to try it yourself.

No comments: