website stats

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Mod Squad

This addition to my collection of Beau Brummell ties is my favorite so far. An acetate tie with woven pattern, it just oozes that swinging mod vibe that is being kept alive today by the likes of Shag, Tim Biskup, and Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, believe it or not--check out their line of rugs!

Spring has sprung again, it seems, and maybe this time it will stick. And I am ready, having unpacked the cream of my necktie hoard and hung them up for easy selection.

Just for fun, here is a picture of ice-encrusted trees at Beebe Lake falls just last week:



Today their bare limbs gleamed in the afternoon sun, so surely winter must be behind us now (I try to convince myself).

3 comments:

Coat And Tie said...

Good to see you back to semi-regularity. I've missed my daily bit of neckwear education.

Spring has somewhat sprung here as well but I would bet that we'll get another good snowstorm just about the time the lilacs are in full bloom.

Burl Veneer said...

Hey, thanks--and I am thrilled to see you taking up tie (and coat) blogging too! I'll put a link in my sidebar ASAP.

BV

Coat And Tie said...

Thanks! I've just put a link in to yours.

Spring sprung a leak and we got snow yesterday. The lilacs have not yet bloomed though.