website stats

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I'm dreaming of a Mod Christmas

Today was the office holiday party, which means it was time for my annual wearing of the red Levi's cords. I didn't have another Christmas-themed tie, so I chose one with red in it, and what's more festive than a retro mod/tiki pattern? (Tie made in Italy by an unknown maker.) This year's party, at my new job, differs from last year's at my old job in two major ways: 1) it wasn't cancelled at the last minute, and 2) we all got to go home early. Now that's living!

I won't be wearing a tie for the last two days of my work year, so this is it for 2006. I have curtailed my tie wearing considerably, but the upside of that is that it will make my current supply last longer. Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year to all; see you next year!

4 comments:

Cathrina said...

happy new year to u too..so whats the plan for new year celebation???

Michael Segers said...

What a beautiful tie!

Just want to wish you and yours a new year full of good things and great ties!

"Meeting" you and Will has certainly enhanced the past year for me.

Mike

Burl Veneer said...

Thank you, Mike! When I first started accumulating ties I never thought there could be a tie-based community; I am glad it has happened. Best wishes for the new year!

Bill

Anonymous said...

You folks certainly seem to apprieciate neckties. You should check out TheTieIndex.com, they sell neckties but also give a person the option of composing a message that will be embroidered and permanently applied to the back where no sign of the process is visible from the front. I bought one for my dad on Christmas and he loved it and it was definately a coversation piece because no one ever saw something like that before.