website stats

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Paul Klee?

I wore another Paul Klee tie today, I think. The label just says "Rooster," but the design resembles Paul Klee's Oriental Garden, or maybe Figure in a Garden; or it may be based on another painting that I can't find online. As I mentioned before, Paul Klee is probably my favorite twentieth-century artist. Washington's Phillips Collection has a Paul Klee exhibit going on right now through September 10; I hope I can get to that before we leave town.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're leaving town does that mean that you will have another job that might be tieless? It would be a bit of a shame.

Burl Veneer said...

Good question! That remains to be seen. Wearing a tie in an office in which some people wear ties sometimes, as I do now, is one thing, but wearing a tie in an office in which nobody else ever wears a tie, which is the impression I have of my new place of employment, is another. I do have a large backlog of ties I haven't worn yet, maybe enough for a year, it would be a shame to deny them their spotlight. How do my soon-to-be-officemates feel about the matter? If you are one of them, let me know!

BV