website stats

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Happy Anniversary!

Yes, it is the first anniversary of Burl Veneer's Tie Blog! The first post was on August 11, 2005, but it included a tie that I wore on August 10, so today is the big day: one full year of a different necktie every work day, and some bonus ties on weekends and holidays to boot! For the occasion I have brought out another favorite from my permanent collection, a tie based on Piet Mondrian's Broadway Boogie-Woogie. (See my two previous Mondrian-inspired ties here.) Mondrian is awesome; neckties are awesome; Mondrian neckties are doubly awesome! So, who's up for another year of neckties?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me! I'm up for another year of neckties! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
(Even though I am female, live in the UK, have only ever owned and worn one tie (a navy blue tie for years of school uniform) - I still love your blog - good pictures, clear format and excellent text. While I am here, I will also tip my hat in honour of my father who is a very astute wearer of good ties - and thus taught me to appreciate the art of a well chosen tie.

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary. A toast to ties and those who wear them and write about them.

Mike S

Burl Veneer said...

Thank you for responding to my cheap appeal for positive feedback!

BV