website stats

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I ♥ Katamari

Or, as I proclaim by wearing this tie, I ♥♥♥♥♥♥ Katamari! Hmmm, this one feels kind of...hearts-ish! What could be more fun than rolling up everyday objects, food, small animals, large animals, people, cars, trucks, buildings, trees, and finally, world landmarks on a giant sticky ball? Nothing, that's what! Everywhere I go I find myself devising strategies for rolling up everything in sight: at first you can only pick up small objects, then as your katamari gets bigger, it can pick up bigger objects (which stands to reason, as greater mass = greater gravitational force). But doggone it, I still can't get all 1,000 cranes! (Snowballs are the meta-katamari. Scroll down this page of masterful paper art for an ingenious snowball piece, and an incredible snowman as well.)

Gene Meyer couldn't have had We ♥ Katamari in mind when he designed this tie, because it didn't exist yet, but it is oh so apropos! It is also apropos for Valentine's Day, hence the timing in getting it off my rack, onto the blog, and then onto the auction block.

No comments: